Welcome to my blog!
My blog will keep you up to date with my life. I will post about school, the theatre groups I'm involved in and day to day life, really. I hope you enjoy it!

Wednesday 3 December 2014

My 1st Post!

Hey! So I have decided to write my first post. I am going to be talking about my favourite thing, MUSICAL THEATRE

I have been involved in musical theatre (MT) since I was 9. I joined a theatre group called 'Footlights', a Calpe based group that specializes in musicals. When I joined, they were rehearsing for the great british musical 'Oliver!'. I joined the show, and I was a workboy and a part of Fagin's gang in the show. It was a great show, and I really enjoyed it. After that, I left Footlights, because the boys at my school told me it wasn't very boyish (now, I wouldn't care what they say, but back then, what people said meant a lot), and I joined the Calpe Football Team. I was with them 1 year and left, because I hated it. After that I didn't do much, but I did join the swimming team. I enjoyed that very much, but it wasn't for me. In 2012, my mother got a call from the secretary of Footlights, telling her they had made a youth group, Footlights Youth Theatre ( FYT), asking me if I'd be interested to audition for their next show 'Cats'. Honestly, I didn't want to audition, and I wasn't going to. Before I knew it, it was the day of the auditions, and because I was bored at home, I decided to go, and I'm so glad I did! I got the part of Skimbleshanks The Railway Cat, and I was excited for the show. When FYT rehearsals started for 'Cats', Footlights was rehearsing the musical 'Guys and Dolls', and I was asked if I'd like to work backstage. I said yes, and took on the job of moving set and helping with quick changes. It was a great experience. We then performed 'Cats' in February 2013, and it was amazing! We started rehearsing Footlights' next show 'South Pacific' soon after 'Cats', and I got the part of Professor. Before we did 'South Pacific', we had a professional actress from London come to Calpe and do a 'Les Miserables' workshop, which we then put in to a Summer Show. It was really good, and I learnt a lot from it. Before 'South Pacific', FYT decided to put on another musical, 'West Side Story'. I auditioned and got Bernardo. In November 2013, we did 'South Pacific', and that was fun. This year (2014) has got to be my highlighted one in Footlights for sure. I started the year rehearsing 'West Side Story' and we performed it in February. It was an amazing show, and I'm so glad I got to be in it. Footlights then had auditions for their next show 'Half a Sixpence'. I auditioned and got the main part, Arthur Kipps. It was a really big part, and I had to work really hard. After the Half a Sixpence auditions, we had another workshop with the same lady from London, this time based on my favourite musical 'Chicago'. We incluided that in our 2nd Summer Show, which was also great! After the Summer Show, the serious 'Half a Sixpence' rehearsals started. We then did the show in November and it was brilliant! I am still really proud of myself for pulling it off. Since then, I've auditioned for a pantomime with the theatre group 'Careline'. I've been going to Careline's productions ever since I was a kid, so it is amazing that I've been given the chance to be in one of their productions. The pantomime is 'Alice in Wonderland', and I've got the part of Tweedle Dum. I am currently rehearsing that, and I'm really excited to do it in January 2015!

So there you have a sum up of my MT history!
To finish off, I am going to attatch a song about show buisness, because I love the lyrics and I can totally relate to them.

No Buisness Like Show Buisness - YouTube

I hope you've enjoyed my 1st post!

Blog soon, Luke J. Marriott!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luke disfruté mucho viendote actuar en Love Side Story.

      Delete